Effective Date: February 2022
Welcome! Thank you for your interest in Cox Enterprises, Inc., d/b/a CoxNext, and our “Affiliates” (other companies within the Cox Enterprises, Inc. corporate family) (collectively “CoxNext Network”). We respect your privacy when you use our websites, and other online products and services (collectively, the “Sites”).
You can click on the following links to navigate to the different sections in this Notice.
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE OBTAIN.
- information we share with third parties.
- Third-Party Content, Third-Party Services, SOCIAL FEATURES, ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS.
- Data Security and MONITORING.
- INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER.
- Children’s Privacy.
- Accessing aND Changing Information.
- choices: TRACKING AND Communications OPTIONS.
- Contact CoxNext NETWORK.
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you use the Sites, we, or Service Providers acting on our behalf, may collect your Personally Identifiable Information (defined herein). This generally happens in one of three ways—you provide us with information, we collect information through automated methods, or we collect information from other sources. There are some situations in which it is necessary for us to collect your Personally Identifiable Information in order to provide a service to you or to meet legal requirements.
A. Information about You that You Provide. You may share certain information when you interact with the CoxNext Network and/or its Service Providers (defined below). For example, CoxNext Network collects information when you use or post on the Sites, participate in promotional activities, purchase products or services, provide feedback, or request information from or communicate with CoxNext Network. We may also ask for your information for special reasons, such as for research or in surveys In addition, when you interact with Third-Party Services (defined below), you may be able to provide information to those third parties. For more information on Third-Party Services’ data collection and practices see Section 4. For more information on Service Provider data collection and practices see Section 3.
B. Information Collected Automatically. When you use the Sites, our technology, or that of our Service Providers and/or Third-Party Services, CoxNext Network has the ability to automatically collect certain types of information about you (“Usage Information”). Usage Information may include IP address, device identifier, browser type, operating system, information about your use of the Sites, and data regarding network connected hardware (e.g., computer or mobile device). Except to the extent required by applicable law, or to the extent Usage Information is combined by or on behalf of CoxNext Network with CoxNext Network-Collected PII, CoxNext Network does not consider Usage Information (including, without limitation, unique device identifiers) to be PII or CoxNext Network-Collected PII. For more information on Third-Party Services’ data collection and practices see Section 4. For more information on Service Provider data collection and practices see Section 3. For information on choices some of these third parties may offer you regarding automated data collection see Section 9.
The methods that may be used on the Sites to collect Usage Information include:
- Internet usage information: Internet usage information is data about your use of the Sites, such as IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, device identifiers, device advertising identifiers, mobile network, operating system details, date/time stamps, language preferences, referring URLs, length of visits, anonymous traffic data, pages viewed, browsing history, search history, information regarding interactions with our website or advertisements, and related data.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: Cookies, Web Beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”), Embedded Scripts , Location–Identifying Technologies, Device Recognition Technologies, Recording and Tracking Interactions and Usage, and other tracking technologies currently in use or to be developed in the future (“Tracking Technologies”) may be used to collect information about interactions with the Sites or e-mails, including information about your browsing behavior.
- A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user’s device for record-keeping purposes. Cookie types that are used on the Sites include session ID cookies or tracking cookies. Session ID cookies make it easier for you to navigate the Sites and expire when you close your browser. Tracking cookies remain longer and help in understanding how you use the Sites and enhance your user experience. Cookies may remain on your hard drive for an extended period of time. If you use your browser’s method of blocking or removing cookies, some but not all types of cookies may be deleted and/or blocked and as a result some features, and functionalities of the Sites may not work. HTML5 cookies can be programmed through HTML5 local storage. HTML5 cookies are locally stored on your device other than in the browser and browser settings will not control them. The Sites may associate some or all of these types of cookies with your devices.
- Web Beacons (“Tracking Pixels”). Web beacons are small graphic images, also known as “Internet tags” or “clear gifs,” embedded in web pages and e-mail messages. Web beacons may be used, without limitation, to count the number of visitors to the Sites, to monitor how users navigate the Sites, and to count content views.
- Embedded Scripts. An embedded script is programming code designed to collect information about your interactions with the Sites. It is temporarily downloaded onto your computer from CoxNext Network’s web server, or from a third party with which CoxNext Network works and is active only while you are connected to the Sites and deleted or deactivated thereafter.
- Location–identifying Technologies. GPS (global positioning systems) software, geo-filtering, geo-targeting, geo-fencing, and other location-aware technologies locate you (sometimes precisely), or make assumptions about your location, for purposes such as verifying your location and delivering or restricting content based on your location. If you have enabled GPS or use other location-based features on the Sites, your device location may be tracked by us and third parties. The “find all locations” feature offered within our Sites, for example, may access and use information about your device location (such as based on IP address or GPS, as applicable). Additionally, some of the Sites use information you enter to offer location-based recommendations and the Sites’ content may be personalized based on various information we may have about you to try to provide you with more location-relevant content.
- Device Recognition Technologies. Technologies, including application of statistical probability to data sets, as well as linking a common unique identifier to different device use (g., Facebook ID), which attempt to recognize or make assumptions about users and devices (e.g., that a user of multiple devices is the same user or household) (“Cross-device Data”).
- Recording and Tracking Interactions and Usage. Technologies that monitor, and may record, certain of your interactions with the Sites and/or collect and analyze information from your device, such as, without limitation, your operating system, plug-ins, system fonts, and other data, for purposes such as identification, security, fraud prevention, troubleshooting, tracking and/or improving the Sites and customizing or optimizing your experience on the Sites.
Some information about your use of the Sites and certain third-party services may be collected using Tracking Technologies across time and services and used by CoxNext Network and third parties for purposes such as to associate different devices you use and deliver relevant ads and/or other content to you on the Sites and certain third–party services. See Section 9 regarding certain choices regarding these activities. CoxNext Network is giving you notice of the Tracking Technologies and your choices regarding them explained in Section 9 so that your consent to encountering them is meaningfully informed.
- Allow you to participate in the features we offer on the Sites;
- Contact you regarding your purchase;
- Facilitate, manage, personalize, and improve your online experience;
- Provide you with notices about your account and/or subscriptions, including expiration and renewal notices;
- Notify you about changes to the Sites or any products or services we offer;
- Enable you to interact with us and others through various means;
- Transact with you, provide services or information you request, deliver content, respond to your comments, questions, and requests, serve you content and/or advertising, and send you notices;
- CoxNext Network marketing and other purposes;
- Improve the Sites and for any other internal business purposes;
- Tailor our content, advertisements, and offers;
- Perform data analyses, including market and consumer research, trend analysis, demographic analysis and financial analysis;
- Fulfill other purposes disclosed at the time you provide PII or otherwise where we are legally permitted or are required to do so;
- Determine your location and manage digital content rights (e.g., territory restrictions);
- Prevent and address fraud, breach of policies or terms, and threats of harm;
- Diagnose and address technical and service problems;
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and our policies; and
- Contact you via telephone or text. We will obtain your consent to contact you when and, in the manner, required by law.
- Marketing: Subject to your communications choices explained in Section 9.C, we may use your PII to send you marketing communications. CoxNext Network will not share your CoxNext Network-Collected PII with third parties, other than Affiliates, for their own direct marketing purposes, except in connection with Corporate Transactions (defined below).
- Your Disclosure or Consent: As more fully described in Section 4 (Third-Party Content, Third-Party Services, Social Features, Advertising and Analytics), your activities on the Sites may, by their nature, result in the sharing of your PI with third parties and by engaging in these activities you consent to the collection of your data by such third parties. Such third-party data receipt and collection is subject to the privacy and business practices of that third party, not CoxNext Network.
- CoxNext Network’s agents, vendors, consultants, and other Service Providers (collectively “Service Providers”) may receive, or be given access to, your information, including, without limitation, PII, Demographic Information, and Usage Information, in connection with their work on CoxNext Network’s behalf. CoxNext Network does not authorize its Service Providers to use CoxNext Network-Collected PII to send you direct marketing messages, other than related to CoxNext Network. For more information on choices Service Providers may offer you, see Section 9;
- To comply with the law, law enforcement or other legal process, and, where permitted, in response to a government request; and
In addition, CoxNext Network may share your CoxNext Network-Collected PII (as well as your other PII and your non-PII), in connection with or during negotiations of any proposed or actual financing of our business, or merger, purchase, sale, joint venture, or any other type of acquisition or business combination of all or any portion of CoxNext Network assets, or transfer of all or a portion of CoxNext Network’s business to another company, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding (“Corporate Transactions”).
The Sites may include hyperlinks to websites, locations, platforms, applications or services operated by third parties (“Third–Party Service(s)”). These Third-Party Services may use their own cookies, web beacons, and other Tracking Technology to independently collect information about you and may solicit PII from you.
CoxNext Network may serve ads tailored to your interests based on your browsing of the Sites and elsewhere on the Internet. Such activities by CoxNext may include use of precise location and/or Cross-device Data, sometimes referred to as “interest-based advertising” and “online behavioral advertising” (“Online Interest–based Advertising”), which may include sending you an ad on a third-party service after you have left the Sites (i.e., “retargeting”).
In addition, we may serve ads on third-party services that are targeted to reach people on those services that are also identified on one of more of our databases (“Matched List Ads”). This is done by using Tracking Technologies or by matching common factors between our databases and the databases of the third-party services. For instance, we may use such ad services offered by Facebook or Twitter and other Third-Party Services. We are not responsible for these Third-Party Services, including without limitation their security of the data. If we use Facebook to serve Matched List Ads on Facebook services, you should be able to hover over the box in the right corner of such a Facebook ad, or go to your account settings, and find out what options Facebook offers you to control such ads. If we use Twitter Matched List Ads, you should be able to review your ad options in account settings on Twitter.
We are not responsible for such third parties’ failure to comply with your or our opt-out instructions, they may not give us notice of opt-outs to our ads that you give to them, and they may change their options without notice to us or you.
CoxNext Network takes reasonable measures to protect CoxNext Network-Collected PII (excluding public UGC) from loss, theft, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Nevertheless, transmission via the Internet and online digital storage are not completely secure and CoxNext Network does not guarantee the security of your information collected through the Sites.
The Sites are intended for a general audience and not directed to children less than 13 years of age and we do not knowingly sell the personal information of Consumers we know are under 16. CoxNext Network does not intend to collect “personal information” as defined by the U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) (“Children’s Personally Identifiable Information”) in a manner that is not permitted by COPPA. If you are under 13, do not provide any Personally Identifiable Information to us. If we obtain actual knowledge that we have collected Children’s Personally Identifiable Information in a manner not permitted by COPPA, we will remove such data to the extent required by COPPA. If you believe your child may have provided us with their Personally Identifiable Information, you can contact us at [email protected] and we will delete their Personally Identifiable Information to the extent required by law.
Any California residents under the age of 18 who have registered to use the Sites, and who posted content or information on the Sites, can also request removal by contacting us at [email protected] detailing where the content or information is posted and attesting that you posted it. We will then make reasonably good faith efforts to remove the post from prospective public view or anonymize it, so the minor cannot be individually identified to the extent required by applicable law. This removal process cannot ensure complete or comprehensive removal. For instance, third parties may have republished or archived content by search engines and others that we do not control.
8. Accessing aND Changing Information.
CoxNext Network may allow you to delete, correct, or update some CoxNext Network-Collected PII, and potentially certain other information about you by contacting us. CoxNext Network will make good faith efforts to make requested changes in CoxNext Network’s then-active databases as soon as practicable, but it is not always possible to completely change, remove or delete all of your information or public postings from CoxNext Network’s databases (California minors see Section 7) and residual and/or cached data may remain archived thereafter. Further, we reserve the right to retain data (a) as required by applicable law; and (b) for so long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the data is retained except to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
- Tracking Technologies Generally. Regular cookies may generally be disabled or removed by tools available as part of most commercial browsers, and in some instances blocked in the future by selecting certain settings. Browsers offer different functionalities and options, so you may need to set them separately. Also, tools from commercial browsers may not be effective with regard to HTML 5 cookies or other Tracking Technologies. Please be aware that if you disable or remove these technologies, some parts of the Sites may not work and that when you revisit the Sites your ability to limit browser-based Tracking Technologies is subject to your browser settings and limitations.
Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit. Like many online services, CoxNext Network currently does not alter CoxNext Network’s practices when CoxNext Network receives a “Do Not Track” signal from a visitor’s browser. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” you can visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com, but CoxNext Network is not responsible for the completeness or accuracy of this third-party information.
Some third parties, however, may offer you choices regarding their Tracking Technologies. One way to potentially identify cookies on a website is to add the free Ghostery plug-in to your browser (www.ghostery.com), which according to Ghostery will display for you traditional, browser-based cookies associated with the websites (but not mobile apps) you visit and privacy and opt-out policies and options of the parties operating those cookies. CoxNext Network is not responsible for the completeness or accuracy of this tool or third-party choice notices or mechanisms. For specific information on some of the choice options offered by third-party analytics and advertising providers, see the next section. We may offer tools in connection with the Sites that allow you to exercise certain preferences regarding cookies and other Tracking Technologies associated with the Sites.
B. Analytics and Advertising Tracking Technologies. We may use certain third-party web analytics services, including Google Analytics, Facebook Custom Audiences, and Oracle, to help us understand and analyze how visitors use the Sites and serve ads on our behalf across the Internet. We’ve implemented Google Analytics Advertising features such as dynamic remarketing, interest-based advertising, audience targeting, behavioral reporting, demographics and interests reporting, user segment analysis, device reporting, display advertising, and video ads reporting. We and our vendors may use first-party cookies or other first-party identifiers as well as third-party cookies or other third-party identifiers to deliver advertisements, create a profile of you, measure your interests, detect your demographics, detect your location, detect your device, and personalize content.
For the Sites, you may choose whether to receive some Online Interest-based Advertising by submitting opt-outs. Some of the advertisers and Service Providers that perform advertising-related services for us related to the Sites and third parties may participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (“DAA”) Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising. To learn more about how you can exercise certain choices regarding Online Interest-based Advertising, including use of Cross-device Data for serving ads, visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/. Some of these companies may also be members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”). To learn more about the NAI and your opt-out options, see http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. Please be aware that, even if you are able to opt out of certain kinds of Online Interest-based Advertising, you may continue to receive other types of ads. Opting out only means that those selected members should no longer deliver certain Online Interest-based Advertising to you but does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content and/or ads (e.g., from other ad networks). Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you visit these opt-out webpages, or you subsequently erase your cookies, use a different device or web browser or use a non-browser-based method of access (e.g., mobile app), your NAI / DAA browser-based opt-out may not, or may no longer, be effective. CoxNext Network supports the ad industry’s Self-regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising and expects that ad networks CoxNext Network directly engages to serve you Online Interest-based Advertising will do so as well, though CoxNext Network cannot guaranty their compliance. CoxNext Network is not responsible for the effectiveness of, or compliance with, any third-parties’ opt-out options or programs or the accuracy of their statements regarding their programs.
- Communications. You can opt out of receiving certain promotional communications (emails) from CoxNext Network at any time by, for promotional e-mails, following the instructions provided in emails to click on the unsubscribe link. Please note that your opt-out is limited to the e-mail address used and will not affect subsequent subscriptions. If you opt-out of only certain communications, other subscription communications may continue. If you would like to completely deactivate your account, please contact us at [email protected]. Please note, however, that if you deactivate your account, you will not receive any newsletters from us, and you will not be able to participate in any of our promotions. Even if you opt out of receiving promotional communications, CoxNext Network may, subject to applicable law, continue to send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account, transactions, servicing, CoxNext Network’s ongoing business relations, or communications related to administrative notices or any communications relevant to your use of the Sites, including communications in the event of a data security event.
- Cross-Device Data. To learn more about how you can exercise certain choices regarding Cross-device data for Online Interest-based Advertising, see the prior section regarding the DAA’s Online Interest-based Advertising choices.
E. California Residents. At this time, CoxNext Network does not have “established business relationships” with “customers” as those terms are defined in California’s “Shine the Light” law. California residents may contact us for further information regarding our privacy practices or their rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act by emailing [email protected].
F. Nevada Residents. Although we do not “sell” “covered information” of Nevada “consumers” as those terms are defined by Chapter 603A of the Nevada Revised Statutes, you may contact us at [email protected] and register for us to provide you notice in the event we change our practices in the future. If we do, you will have an opportunity to be verified and exercise your opt-out rights. Changing your email elsewhere (e.g., informational requests, account information, etc.) will not update your Nevada contact information.
6205-A Peachtree Dunwoody Road
Atlanta, GA 30328
© 2022 Cox Enterprises, Inc., d/b/a CoxNext. All Rights Reserved.